Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ,
We have great news today! On Monday, May 18, Governor Baker lifted the ban on assembling for Church Worship Services. On Monday evening, your Board of Deacons and Pastor met and unanimously voted to resume our Worship Services this Sunday at 10:00 AM. However, there are still restrictions and guidelines the Commonwealth has set for safe assembly and we will be following these so that everyone is protected and comfortable returning to Worship. (For detailed information on the guidelines see https://www.mass.gov/doc/places-of-worship-protocols-summary/download)
First of all, our Church’s Meetinghouse has not only been cleaned, but has been repainted with anti-bacterial paint in many of the first floor areas. For your safety all ‘touch surfaces’ – door handles, light switches, etc. – have been sanitized. The restrooms have been repainted and cleaned with disinfectant. All the pew cushions, bench cushions, choir chairs, and Fellowship Hall chairs have been steam cleaned.
Initially, our Worship Services will be held in the Fellowship Hall where chairs can be easily placed at the 6′ required ‘social distance’ for safety. When you arrive, a Deacon will meet you and you will be seated, individually or by family groups, upon entering the building, with safe distancing between you and other worshipers.
Here are some of the procedures we need to follow:
• Everyone, upon entering, during the service and exiting the building, will need to wear a face mask.
• Children under 5 years of age and those who are unable to wear a mask due to a medical or disabling condition are not required to wear a face covering.
• The use of hymnals and pew Bibles will temporarily be suspended. Tithes and offerings may be placed in a collection plate near the doors of the Fellowship Hall upon exiting at the close of the Service.
• No child-care will be provided.
• No ‘communal gatherings’ are possible, which means that coffee hour will not be provided at this time.
• For those who are not comfortable joining in a Worship Service at this time, the Sunday morning recorded Service will continue via email
• If, for any reason, you are unwell, please remain at home. Those who are at high risk due to age or physical infirmity are urged to follow the recommendation to stay safe at home.
• Finally, we thank God for answering our prayers to keep our Congregation safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please continue to pray for God ‘s covering of safety over our Church.